“To myself I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.”

-- Sir Isaac Newton (1642 - 1727)

Monday, March 01, 2010

Speaking of Sculpture...

Mask II                                                         wikipedia.org

         Boy                                    wikipedia.org


Ron Mueck sculpts gigantic, realistic human figures.  This style of art is called hyperrealism.  The figures look realistic from every angle, and have lots of detail.  Many of them are nudes (I warned you!), elderly people, and people with physical flaws like most people have.  Read more about him on Wikipedia here.

8 comments:

Kb5 said...

Omigod I am like totally confused on how to leave a comment on ur blog!!! Like I totally don't get it!! I'm doing it on my itouch cuz my computer is like totally broken and is getting fixed and like I really can't type on this thing at all!!! Anywayyy ur blog is like the best thing that ever happened to me it's amazing!!!!! I especially like reading the post about the dude that like sculpts human feet that's like wicked cool and totally nasty!!! I really don't know what to say in this comment so I'm kinda ramblingggg also I don't know how to leave my name so I'm telling you right now that this is KELLY BRUSTMAN P5!!!!!!!!!

Jimmy ice said...

thats just freaky

GB8 said...

Hmmm....cool or creapy cool or creapy. I cant decide so I'll just leav it at cool.

SM8 said...

Mrs. P:

THIS IS THE COOLEST THING EVER!!!! IF IT WAS LIKE LIFE-SIZE I SERIOUSLY WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO TELL IT APART!!! ACK!!!!! SO COOL!!

CK2 said...

CK2:
The Mask II is really cool, the giant foot...well, that deserves it's own section for odd content.

DC8 said...

EWWWWW thats gross but cool at the same time. I LOVE UR BLOG btw

Anonymous said...

wow, that head is almost life-like, expect for the wierd features it has

KF said...

Sweet dreams!!!